SD Card has become a common way for storing data, but sometimes it may lead to an annoying situation. In this situation, you will notice errors when you connect to your computer with SD card. You may notice some of the error such as- “File or directory is corrupted and unreadable” or “The disk is not formatted. Do you want to format it now” when you try to access your SD card data. This means that you will not able to read or write data on your SD card. If you are not able to handle it properly then the above error situation may occur and as a result, you may lose data from your memory card forever.
Whenever you come across such type of situation then you may get worry that how can you restore the data that are stored on your SD card. You can make use of the cmd for getting back your lost files from formatted or corrupted SD card:
Using cmd Recover Files from Corrupted or Formatted SD Card
- Firstly start the cmd by clicking the “Run” at the start menu of the computer. Then you need to type the “cmd” in the given text box.
- Then type the command “CHKDSK [driveletter] /r” in the command prompt. For example, your SD card drive is “E” then you need to type “CHKDSK E: /r” command on the cmd. This command “CHKDSK” will check the specified disk for structural corruption. This parameter “/r” will tell the command to repair issues it finds.
- Then choose “Yes”. Then the Chkdsk will report back what it has done and then go to my computer and check out your drive.
But there may be many situations in which you will be not able to find the data back in the disk. In such situation, you need third party software such as SD Card Data Recovery software that helps you in recovering back your lost files from Micro SD Memory Card. This software helps you in restoring back your lost data in worse situation.
About Card Data Recovery Software
Card Data Recovery Software is one of the best tools, which has the capability of retrieving or recovering lost or deleted media files such as pictures, videos, music, etc from different internal hard drive and external storage device on Windows and Mac. It has been specifically designed to recover deleted or lost data from different kinds of corrupt or damaged memory card. Software scans your storage device and also detects all your missing files. Using this software, you can also see the preview of recoverable data and you can easily restore them wherever you want to. You can get a perfect solution to Recover Lost Files From Toshiba Memory Card in just a few seconds without any hassle. This software is designed for SD/Memory Card which is generally used in mobile phones and digital cameras. It can successfully recover corrupted, deleted, formatted or lost data such as photos, music, videos, documents, files etc from different types of memory cards like SD Card, Memory Stick, Compact Flash Card, xD Picture Card, SDHC Card, MicroSD Card and others.
Nowadays, there is lots of software available for the recovery of deleted data from different memory cards for Windows and Mac users all over the world. But, those users are much satisfied with the results who have used this software in order to fix Toshiba Memory Card Recovery issue. You can fix these kinds of issues related to your data very easily in just a few simple steps without any technical problems.
Features of Card Data Recovery Software
- Recover From Different Card Types: This software supports all types of memory card including CF Card, SD Card, SDHC Card, MMC and also multi-media devices that have support to the memory card.
- Different Card Brands Supported: This recovery software allows you to recover database from all types of memory cards which are produced by all companies like Sony, Kingston, SanDisk, etc. All these brands can be recognized by this tool.
- Supports All Data Loss Scenarios: It can easily recover all deleted files which have been lost because of formatting, accidental deletion, memory card damage, human operational error or even virus attack.
- Rescue Overall File Types: This recovery software is able to restore deleted photos, office files and multimedia files like video, music, photos and other data formats from your SD Card.
- Better Preview Function: Using this software, you will be able to see the preview of the recorded items, select the targeted files and you can easily restore the scanned out file while scanning.
- Deeply Scanning Process: This software can deeply scan your card and display them on the program interface.
Steps To Recover Deleted Files from SD Card
Step 1: Install and Run Card Data Recovery Tool on your system. Select the recovery option (Photos, Media, Document) and then click on “Next” button to proceed further.
Step 2: All the storage device available or connected to your computer will be displayed on the Interface as shown in image below. Select the drive or card from which you want to recover files and then click on “Scan” button to allow software to scan your storage device to find deleted or lost files.
Step 3: After completion of scanning process, you will be able to preview the recovered files. Now select the files that you want back and then simply click on ‘Recover” button. Select different place to save recovered files on your computer.
These two steps may help you in retrieving back lost data from your memory card. With the use of cmd you only need to enter few instructions on your system and you will get back lost data, but it may have some risks so you need Card Data Recovery software that helps you in restoring back lost or deleted files even under worse situation.
Tips to avoid Media File Corruption:
Following are the some important tips that can be taken in view in order to avoid media files corruption:
- Always check the memory card or drives twice or thrice before formatting it.
- Always try to keep regularly back up your media files such as photos, video or music or nay other important files to your computer so that you can avoid this situation.
- Do not ever take pictures on your camera when the battery is low.
- Try to make use of ‘write protect’ knob in your respective memory card so that you can easily avoid accidental deletion for formatting of media files.
- If you ever face the situation like accidental deletion of formatting of memory card or the device then do not ever add or save any new media file to it because it may overwrite the original data and you will be no longer able to recover or retrieve such files.