Is your USB flash drive showing error “Please insert disk into Removable Disk F:” or “no media found” on disk? This matter generally happens when you connect your USB drive with your PC and it will became unreadable accidentally, at that time you can’t either reformat or nor partition the drive. When you check its properties USB drive show 0 BYTE. At that time, you become so panic that you will lose all the data that you have kept in your drive and search for any perfect solution to fix the USB flash drive problem. But need not to worry now because you can easily fix this out as here in this blog, you will get easy solution to solve this issue.
Just for example, suppose you want to open or save anything from 8GB USB flash drive and in order to do this, you connected your flash drive with your PC. Suddenly you see that an error message pop-up to your screen like:
“Please insert disk into removable drive”. You have tried everything that you know to fix this error but all things get failed. At that time you have only two choices left; one is to replace old USB flash drive with a new one and second is to lose your crucial data. But it’s not like that you can still repair it and retrieve your data back from it. Before the recovery of data, you must have to know the symptoms of unreadable flash drive so that you can easily identify what’s the problem happened with your USB device.
Symptoms of Unreadable USB Drive:
- When you make double click over the flash drive letter it will show error “Please insert a Disk into Removable Disk.”
- If you make right click over it in My Computer and select Properties option then the total capacity of drive shown by it is incorrect (Usually 0MB or 0 Bytes). This means your Windows isn’t able to detect the actual size of your flash drive.
What are the causes?
- Under Disk drives In Device Manager the USB flash drive has different name such as: “USBest USB2FlashStorage USB Device”. This means the controller was unable to load the manufactures firmware and is booting in fail-safe mode. This mode also allows the manufacturer to use a special tool to reload the firmware, initialize the drive, test the memory, and erase the drive.
- Disk Management also shows the drive letter with NO Media. It’s because Windows is unable to increase the drive. Windows that is a Mass Storage device is actually not sending any report back to the controller.
Three Methods to Fix “Please Insert Disk into Removable Disk” on USB
To fix this error manually you need to change the drive letter of the USB drive. And for that you need to follow the below steps:
Right click on My Computer ->> Select Manage ->> Select Storage ->> Select Disk Management ->> Select Change Drive Letter and Paths ->> Select Change ->> Select a different letter (that at time a message will pop up to your screen asking you for “Changing the drive letter of a volume might cause programs no longer to run, are you sure you want to change this drive letter) ->> Select Yes.
Try heating up or cooling the drive manually
You can also try this solution to fix such error manually:
- Plug in the USB to the computer
- Using a hair dryer heat the USB
- Now wait for a minute and remove the USB and plug it in and out a couple times.
- If teh USB still doesn’t work then try the same thing with compressed air to cool it.
- If it starts working you should immediately copy the data since it may stop working again.
Try using the manufacturer’s repair utility
There are some manufacturers who provides repair utilities on their websites that can be used to fix soem oft he common issues you come across with USB drives. THose utlities make use of the internet and manufacturer’s proprietary algorithms in order to solve such issues. As for example, HP or Transcend offer such utilities with the help of which you can solve these kinds of issues.
If you want to recover data from the flash drive, you must keep the flash drive not get overwritten by any other new data. If you don’t want to take risk of losing your data then apart from manual method then you are recommended to use Flash Drive Recovery software for Windows/Mac that can easily restore the files from the flash drive. It gives you special media recovery option that allow user to recover lost audio, image and video files from USB drives, hard drives, Camera, SD Cards, and other memory cards. After making complete scan of your drive it safely recover media files and images that get lost up in any circumstances either because of unintentional deletion of photos, virus infection or formatting a disk. Or you can also use Card Data Recovery software to get rid of this problem:
About Card Data Recovery Software
Card Data Recovery Software is one of the best tools, which has the capability of retrieving or recovering lost or deleted media files such as pictures, videos, music, etc from different internal hard drive and external hard device on Windows and Mac. It has been specifically designed to recover deleted or lost data from different kinds of corrupt or damaged memory card. Software scans your storage device and also detects all your missing files. Using this software, you can also see the preview of recoverable data and you can easily restore them wherever you want to. You can get a perfect solution to Fix “Please Insert Disk into Removable Disk” USB Error in just a few seconds without any hassle. This software is designed for SD/Memory Card which is generally used in mobile phones and digital cameras. It can successfully recover corrupted, deleted, formatted or lost data such as photos, music, videos, documents, files etc from different types of memory cards like SD Card, Memory Stick, Compact Flash Card, xD Picture Card, SDHC Card, MicroSD Card and others.
Nowadays, there is lots of software available for the recovery of deleted data from different memory cards for Windows and Mac users all over the world. But, those users are much satisfied with the results who have used this software in order to fix Fix “Please Insert Disk into Removable Disk” USB Error. You can fix these kinds of issues related to your data very easily in just a few simple steps without any technical problems.
Features of Card Data Recovery Software
- Recover From Different Card Types: This software supports all types of memory card including CF Card, SD Card, SDHC Card, MMC and also multi-media devices that have support to the memory card.
- Different Card Brands Supported: This recovery software allows you to recover database from all types of memory cards which are produced by all companies like Sony, Kingston, SanDisk, Verbatim, Transcend, Toshiba, PNY, Amkette, etc. All these brands can be recognized by this tool.
- Supports All Data Loss Scenarios: It can easily recover all deleted files which have been lost because of formatting, accidental deletion, memory card damage, human operational error or even virus attack.
- Rescue Overall File Types: This recovery software is able to restore deleted photos, office files and multimedia files like video, music, photos and other data formats from your SD Card.
- Better Preview Function: Using this software, you will be able to see the preview of the recorded items, select the targeted files and you can easily restore the scanned out file while scanning.
- Deeply Scanning Process: This software can deeply scan your card and display them on the program interface.
Steps to Recover Data from USB Flash Drive on Windows/Mac
Step 1: Install and Run Card Data Recovery Tool on your system. Select the recovery option (Photos, Media, Document) and then click on “Next” button to proceed further.
Step 2: All the storage device available or connected to your computer will be displayed on the Interface as shown in image below. Select the drive or card from which you want to recover files and then click on “Scan” button to allow software to scan your storage device to find deleted or lost files.
Step 3: After the scanning process gets over, you can see the preview of the files recovered. Now you can simply select the files you want to retrieve and then simply click on ‘Recover” button. Select different destination to save recovered files on your computer.
Tips to Avoid getting error “Please Insert Disk into Removable Disk”:
* When you repair the USB flash drive, all data will be erased permanently. So it’s better to restore the data first when you need to fix the above error.
* Data should not be overwritten before you perform data recovery, otherwise lost data can’t be recovered.
* If you can’t fix this error by above manual method then you need to use a professional repair tools for it.